For non-French students


If you are a foreign national in possession of a temporary residence permit with the note “student”, you may exercise salaried professional activity in France without having to obtain a work permit. Such activity, however, is limited to an annual duration of 994 hours, i.e. 60% of the legal duration of work.



Recruitment of a foreign student may only occur after a nominal declaration by the employer to the Préfecture which granted the student his/her residence permit. This procedure must be performed by the employer at least two working days before the effective date of recruitment. The declaration must include a copy of the student’s residence permit and specify the nature of employment, the duration of the contract and the annual number of hours of work.