Student accommodation

Various types of accommodation are available:


MINES ParisTech has 200 rooms at the Maison des Mines et des Ponts et Chaussées, located at 270, rue Saint Jacques, Paris 5. The rooms are designed for one or two occupants. A number of studios for married students are also available. Rents vary from €600 to €1100 per quarter according to the size of the accommodation.



MINES ParisTech has also signed a partnership agreement with the Cité Universitaire Internationale de Paris which puts a number of rooms at its disposal.. Since February 2009, inauguration of the Maison ParisTech. Cité Universitaire Internationale 19, boulevard Jourdan, Paris 14 (RER B: Cité Universitaire). Rent of approximately €1200 per quarter.


In a CROUS university hall of residence: obtaining accommodation is by no means automatic and depends on the number of rooms available. An application has to be made between 15 January and 30 April of the previous year.

You can prepare and follow up your application on: or download it directly on the CROUS website of the relevant town.

For Paris:, for Fontainebleau: htpp://, for Evry:, for Sophia Antipolis: htpp://

Through renting:

 It is often difficult to find accommodation without being on the spot in order to visit the premises. Furthermore, you must bear in mind that you will be required to provide proof of your income (minimum income = 3 times the rent). Furthermore, the landlord may often require a guarantee from a third party. Provision must also be made for estate agency fees and rental charges when they are not included in the rent.

Lastly, it is also obligatory to take out an insurance policy either with a students’ mutual society or with an insurance company of your choice.

Private rental:

Monthly rent for a room will amount to €230 to €300 and for a studio from €380 to €585. You must check whether the charges are included in the rent; otherwise you will be required to pay them separately and to carry out the various installation procedures.

Hotel accommodation:

A costly solution but useful during an initial period.

Housing support is available. Information can be obtained from the local Caisse d’Allocations Familiales, or on: