For students

If you come from a Member State of the European Union

There is no particular procedure to be undertaken.

If you have not bought your vehicle with full VAT, you should enter into contact with the local tax office in your place of abode in France.



If you come from another country

A vehicle may be imported with exemption from duty and taxes under the regime of temporary admission on condition that it has been registered under normal circumstances in its country of origin. The mere fact of crossing the border is tantamount to a customs declaration of classification under the temporary admission regime.


You may use your vehicle throughout the duration of your studies in France. You must, nevertheless, be able at any time to produce justification of your enrolment at ParisTech to the customs authorities.