Funding your project:

The various types of grants

There are several types of grants to facilitate the international mobility of researchers and students. The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs awards grants for placements, study periods and language courses. Most of these are awarded by the Service de coopération et d’action culturelle of the French embassies and general consulates abroad.



Candidates, before their departure and sufficiently in advance, regardless of their country of residence, must apply directly to the Services located in their country of origin to obtain all information on these grants:

  • allocation conditions,
  • selection calendar
  • application files to be submitted.

Grants are also awarded by other bodies.

Further information